Photography Session tips for your photo shoot
Pick the right time. Schedule your session a day you can relax.
Pick a day that location is not to busy, for example some beaches are really bussy on sundays and a little bit on saturdays.
Include your family If you bring children that need care, have for someone to take care of them up after their shoots.
This way the remainder of your session will go without disturbance.
Send us some samples of photos you like, this way you can show me your style, how intimate you want your photos and ideas you would like to have.
Plan ahead, leave some extra time for the day of shoot, have relaxed and comfortable day for your shoot.
Common choices include either
- white or pastel tops with khaki
- or denim slacks, pants or capri’s.
- also women and girls to wear long, flowing white or bright dresses.
You can make your own combo of clothing.
It is not necessary clothes to match, but they must make sense together.
Choosing clothes with similar colors or tones unifies the picture and keeps the focus on the couple in the picture.
- choose colors that go nicely together for your top and bottom (both dark or both light)
- wear solid colored clothing
- Avoid bold patterns and colors.
- Wearing either long or short sleeves tends to make more pleasing pictures, specially if you have thick arms
- Barefoot, sandals or flip-flops can be great too, we are at the beach after all! it looks good and it is confy.
- choose 1-3 colours for your group portrait, ones with similar tones that go nicely together and have everyone work within that colour palette.
For example: dark green, navy, and burgundy – all dark jewel tones. OR tan, a lighter olive green, and denims – all lighter, softer tones.
- choose long pants for men/ladies or a skirt below the knee for ladies
- keep jewelry simple and minimalist
Skin and makeup
Be careful to not to get too sunburned, it will show up on the pictures.
use high sun protection if you will be on the sun days before.
Skin should look natural or casual. It is fine to place some emphasis on your eyes, lips and cheeks.
Bringing some gloss to the session will allow refresh your lips.
Do your hair casual, not exaggerated
depending on your hair use hair spray or other products to hold your hair in place beach is windy.
If the whether is to hot or you have oily skin bring some dust to avoid brightness.
For swimwear and belly shoots
If you are shooting swimwear wear loose-fitting.
Remove clothing and accessories that marks on your body like pants with elastic waist, socks, underwear elastic, bras, watches and bracelets. At least two hours before your session.
It's important not to stress.
Try to have everything ready to go a day before the session and get to the shoot on time.
Get some good rest.
Come with energy at peak point, make sure you had your meals on time.
Enjoy your love
Be your self. Have fun with each other. Engagement sessions should really be seen as a fun day out with your loved one, except with a photographer there to capture the moment. It’s the candid moments that turn out the best—so don't be afraid to show affection, laugh and jump for joy!